- 1 cup of quinoa (prepare as directed on the package)
- 1 cup of lentils (cooked)
- 1/2 cup of organic corn – lightly fried
- Mix lentils, corn and quinoa in a bowl, let the mixture cool down.
- Add sliced cucumbers, red or yellow peppers, chives, pine nuts, parsley (or any herb you like), cherry tomatoes (cut in half). Add dressing and mix. Keep refrigerated.
- 3 tbl spoons of olive oil
- 2 tbl spoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbl spoons of lemon or lime juice
- Mince and lightly fry garlic (until golden) and add to the dressing.
- Slice red or Spanish onions and add to the dressing. Add salt, pepper to taste.
- Let onions marinate for 10-20 mins before adding to a salad.